Friday, July 30, 2010

day 3

my parents

"be good to your parents, especially your mom"

these words will forever be etched into my brain. on the particular day they were spoken to me, i had been arguing with my parents, so you can imagine the effect it had on me. my grandpa was the one who said it, like he knew he only had so much time left before he passes.

i love my parents. sometimes i feel like i don't thank them enough or show them i love them enough. i'm more aware that acts of service and words of affirmation can both be given and reciprocated. so i've definitely been working on that one. i've learned to not take advantage of the time spent together, because you'll never know when it'll be the last.

like every family, ours has it's flaws. i think it's a struggle for me to not let the imperfectness go and let it define my family. but i know i should not do this.

i might've just come to that conclusion right now. wow, maybe i should blog more at 6:30am.

anyways, i'm a horrible photographer, there aren't any good pictures of the three of us on my computer. i found one, but it's all candid and they look weird. sorry mom and dad.